We are looking for a motivated and passionate Web Designer to join our team.
Union Room is a Newcastle-based digital agency specializing in WordPress development working with brands located across the UK.
We specialise in creating digital products with a focus on engaging design and strong, robust development. With expertise across our management, design and development departments, we have helped brands in a range of sectors produce best in class products.
Our current team is made up of designers, developers, and account managers who enjoy the challenge of being part of an established, but growing, business.
Since 2003 we have been lucky enough to deliver projects for some great brands. Today, our clients include Bell Valves, Rivus Fleet Management, Reece Group, Story Homes, True Potential and many more. Our growing reputation is based upon quality work, combined with exceptional customer service.
The role will require you to have experience in Web Design, UX/UI, and to have a good understanding of all things digital. You will need to be a self-motivated, driven person who keeps their finger on the pulse of latest trends in the world of design. You will have an outstanding eye for detail and manage your time efficiently. You will trust your initiative and guide your colleagues on your vision for the design concepts. You will be a confident, strong communicator and comfortable with meeting clients.
We’re keen to hear from candidates with in-house or agency experience that are confident and experienced with all things design and have a track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients, other creatives and developers alike.
Your main responsibilities will be creation and delivery of a range of cross-platform digital work. Generally, this means anything from responsive sites to email templates to mobile/tablet apps and microsites.
- Solid UX/UI design experience
- A creative digital designer who has a breadth of working across branding and digital platforms
- Ability to work through design projects from pitching to delivery
- Ability to determine the most appropriate strategy to solve a client’s issues
- A deep understanding of the limitations and emerging advancements in UX design, web design and emerging digital trends
- A fantastic portfolio
- Ideally have experience of working with national brands through to start-ups
- A highly conceptual thinker who enjoys brainstorms and developing initial ideas through to completion
- Confident presenter, great team player, and natural mentor to more junior colleagues
- Strong typography and layout skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good work ethic and attitude and able to manage your own time
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbally, and confident when explaining the idea
- Great organisational skills and the ability to work across a diverse and various projects within tight deadlines
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong knowledge of either Figma or Sketch is an advantage.
- Has knowledge of HTML and CSS (beneficial but not essential)
Benefits of working for Union Room:
- Culture – We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the studio (apart from deciding who is in charge of the music…). We have introduced flexible start and finish times which have been a big hit with our staff. You will also receive 26 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- Location – We’re located in St Peters Wharf, a fully refurbished studio space just outside of Newcastle’s city centre.
- Team building & social – We regularly arrange free events for staff such as nights out to the cinema, eating out and even a spot of go-karting from time to time. We also play football most weeks.
- Personal development – As well as the opportunity to learn from your colleagues, we actively encourage the attendance of conferences and courses to aid personal development.
- Great team of talented people
- Free beer available after work
- Pool Table for all the hustlers amongst you or those just wanting to unwind and take a break.
- Unlimited Fresh coffee from our professional commercial grade coffee machine.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.