We’re looking for a new member of the team to join Union Room. If you’re looking for a fresh challenge, we may have just the thing for you!
A bit about us
We are an award winning web design & development agency based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Since 2003, we have been busy solving people’s problems with an array of digital solutions, ranging from web design and development, to email marketing and search engine optimisation. Our current team of 12 is made up of designers, developers, project managers and marketing staff who enjoy the challenge of being part of an established, but growing, business.
Over the past 13 years, we have been lucky enough to deliver projects for some great brands. Today, our clients include Parkdean Holidays, DFDS, 32Red, True Potential and many more. Our growing reputation is based upon quality work, combined with exceptional customer service.
Working alongside our team of designers, you will be helping the team to create a range of products on a daily basis. This might range from a new project for a local startup through to a redesign of an existing website for a globally-recognised brand. The work we produce is diverse, and all areas of the business work together to produce projects that we, and our clients, can be proud of.
We are looking for a digital designer to join our team on a full time basis. Candidates will ideally have commercial experience within an agency environment, but this is not essential for the right candidate.
- You have plenty of experience in creating great-looking, easy to use products in a range of environments (mobile, e-commerce, email marketing etc)
- You can take briefs from clients, or your colleagues, and produce great work based on these briefs.
- You have considerable experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have the ability to produce work quickly and accurately, and sometimes to tight deadlines.
Whilst the role is certainly design-orientated, a working knowledge of HTML & CSS would be beneficial to the role. The ability to build what you design would be a major bonus.
What we offer
For the right candidate, we are offering:
- Salary & bonus scheme – In addition to a competitive salary based on your experience and ability, all staff are eligible for a monthly bonus. We are prepared to offer a great package for the right person.
- Culture – We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the studio (apart from deciding who is in charge of the music…). We have introduced flexible start and finish times which have been a big hit with our staff. You will also receive 26 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- Location – We just moved into our new water-side location at St Peters Wharf, a fully refurbished and vibrant office and studio space, just outside of the city centre, located on the wharf front looking directly onto the marina.
- Team building & social – We regularly arrange free events for staff such as nights out to the cinema, eating out and even a spot of go-karting from time to time. We also play football most weeks.
- Personal development – As well as the opportunity to learn from your colleagues, we actively encourage the attendance of conferences and courses to aid personal development.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please submit your details via the form on our careers page.