New Website: Give Hope

Union Room are delighted to announce our support of Give Hope. Give Hope are a UK-registered International Charity, helping deprived communities in a number of countries, predominantly children in Africa.

Give Hope was first established in Kamafwesa, Zambia, in 2005 by Martin Zuch, Give Hope International Director and Trustee. The charity was later registered in the UK in 2007.

Their charity work has been partially supported by Cool Bananas, a company that operates in Kamafwesa. Lately, however, the plantation has lost 80 percent of its output due to a banana disease that hit African crops in the past few years. The remaining 20 percent of operations is insufficient to sustain the charity work in the area, making it necessary to seek other sources of support. These include raising funds from individual donors and foundations.

We offered our help in giving them a new user-friendly site that would facilitate the process of sponsoring a child whilst making it easier for viewers to easily understand who they are, what they are doing, and how they can help.

The new site utilises the WordPress blogging platform which allows the Give Hope team to content manage the site, along with other links and feeds from sites such as Flickr and Facebook. The website will see the charity uploading a mixture of images and video, allowing users to see the work the charity does in great detail. The website will be mainly ran directly from some of the communities that Give Hope work with, where obtaining clean drinking water is a challenge never mind a working Internet connection.

We’ll be helping Give Hope out as much as we can in the future and look forward to seeing how their efforts improve peoples lives all over the world.

Take a look at the Give Hope website.

Back to Blog

Get in Touch

We’re currently taking on new projects and would love to hear from you.

Give us a call on 0191 228 9444 or fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch.
  • Drop files here or
    Accepted file types: pdf, jpg, ai, psd, doc, docx, txt, pages, zip, rar.
    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.